Washington Volunteer Fire Company Application Procedures
- Applications for membership in the Washington Volunteer Fire Company may be obtained at any time from the Assistant Chief or Department Secretary during normal business. Please click "Contact Us" for our contact information.
- Return the application to the Assistant Chief or Department Secretary.
- Upon completion of the application, the Company Board will conduct an oral interview with the applicant. The completed interview form will be attached to the application.
- The Board members will give the application to the Department Secretary, who will submit a request for background check with the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
- Upon Receipt of the background Check, the application will be given to the Chief for the first reading at the next regularly scheduled Company Meeting. After the first reading, the application will be turned over to the Deputy Chief, for investigation by the Investigating Committee.
- The Investigation Committee will review and verify the information on the application, and make a recommendation to the Fire Company to reject or accept the applicant as a trainee.
- The application and recommendation will be given to the Chief for a second reading at the next regularly scheduled Company Meeting.
- The application will be read a second time at the Company Meeting, and the Fire Company will vote to accept or reject the application as an associate member.
- The accepted member will be assigned to a Section of the Fire Company by the Chief Officers, and receive from the Company Secretary a packet of forms to be completed and returned to the Department Secretary.